Move of the Week: Sculpt tight abs with the Twisted Knee Tuck! For strong and defined abs you need to extend, story salve flex, pilule and rotate, check and this move does all of these. To SEE those strong abs, you’ve got to reduce fat and this move will help with that since it uses more muscles than just the abdominals, therefore burning more calories. It even gives you a bit of an upper body and lower body workout. Score! Throw 3 sets of 12 reps of these bad boys into your next workout.
1) Begin in a full plank position, feet on gliders. If you don’t have gliders, you can use 2 small towels (hard surface) or paper/plastic plates (carpeted surface).
2) Ensure that your hands are lined up under your shoulders and your core is engaged.
3) Rotate your hips to the left, keeping your legs together and in a fluid motion press the balls of your feet into the floor as you pull both knees toward your left elbow. Hold for 2 counts.
4) Continuing to press down with the balls of your feet, return back to plank position. Repeat on the right side. That’s one rep.
1) Pushing the balls of your feet into the floor creates more resistance and engages the core more, which increases the intensity and effectiveness of the move.
2) Try doing this move with your feet up on a Swiss ball!
Follow me on YouTube and Facebook for workouts, fitness & health tips & healthy recipes.
Music: Demons by cdk
CC Attribution (3.0)