MOVE OF THE WEEK: Curtsey Lunge Tricep Extension. If you’ve been working out with me, you probably know by now that I love this variation of lunge. Also…who doesn’t love to curtsey? It’s effective and really hits a lot of muscles. The curtsy lunge works your glutes, tones your inner and outer thighs, and strengthens your calve muscles. It also challenges balance, and therefore your core. Throw in a tricep extension and you’ve got yourself an incredibly effective and efficient full body move! Have fun with it! You can find the video here, on the FitForceFX channel. (Note: video is sped up).
1) Begin standing with your feet hip width apart, arms at your sides.
2) Keeping your weight in your left food, take a big step back with your right leg, crossing it behind your left leg (as if about to curtsey).
3) Bend your knees and lower your body straight down until your front thigh is parallel to the floor, and both knees are bent at 90 degrees.
4) Begin your tricep extension at this bottom position and be sure to keep your elbows in close to your head through the entire movement.
5) Be sure to keep your abs tight and your back straight, chest up.
6) Holding your abs drawn in, return to the starting standing position, as you straighten your arms overhead, squeezing the triceps and keeping the arms and elbows tight to your ears. That’s one rep. Perform 12-15 reps before switching to the other side.
1) The movement can feel a little strange at first, so practice without weight until you feel comfortable.
2) As you lunge, keep your front knee right over your ankle and don’t let it go past your toes. Do not let your ankle roll in or out and keep your toes pointed straight ahead.
3) If it’s difficult to balance, omit the tricep extension and use a wall for stability. Move away from the wall as your stability increases.
Train. Nourish. Transform.
Full real-time workouts, fitness & health tips, motivation, & healthy recipes.