I generally like to eat my food rather than drink it, but on days I feel like I need a little extra protein, I will make myself a protein smoothie. This one is a favorite. It’s a delicious and simple homemade protein-packed addition to my morning meal. It’s very nutritious, low in fat, high in fiber, high in protein, and has no added sugars.
Give it a try and let me know what you think! What’s your favorite kind of smoothie?
- 4-6 large ice cubes
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup nonfat greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup frozen raspberries (or fresh)
- 1/4 frozen banana (or fresh)
- 1 scoop protein powder (I use MRM dutch chocolate whey protein)
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds (I use Trader Joe's toasted flax seeds)
- 1 tbsp PB2
- Dash of cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- Place ice cubes in the bottom of a blender.
- Follow with the remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- You may need to pause the blending and stir a couple times to get the ice all broken up and everything blended well.