I’m on a HUGE soup kick lately, but unfortunately often the really delicious and satisfying soups are calorie-laden, fat-infused bombs. So I’ve been experimenting in the kitchen developing healthy variations of some of my favorites! This soup is so delicious and tastes like you slaved over it for hours, but it’s dead easy and super quick. Let me say again…dead EASY and super QUICK! I love that! It also really fills you up and leaves you satisfied. It’s full of protein, low in carbs, and high in fiber and vitamins. The taste and texture of the riced cauliflower is exactly like “rice” in the soup but without the empty calories of rice! This recipe is a favorite with my family – even with the kids (but they pick out the peppers). Bon appétit!
Train. Nourish Transform.
- 2 tetra packs Trader Joe's Latin Black Bean Soup
- 2 large cans of canned chicken breast (or 4 cooked chicken breasts diced/shredded)
- 1 frozen package Trader Joe's riced cauliflower (or rice 1 head of cauliflower)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 4-6 cups Power greens (or spinach, kale, swiss chard) for garnish
- Pour black bean soup into a large cooking pot set on medium heat.
- Add chicken.
- In a separate pan, sauté sliced peppers (no oil or seasoning required).
- Sauté riced cauliflower (alone) until some of the moisture is removed (approx 5-10 minutes).
- Add peppers and cauliflower to soup and stir.
- Lightly sauté greens with a small amount of pink Himalayan salt, until greens are wilted.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with greens before serving.
- I like to also add a drizzle of Trader Joe's Green Dragon hot sauce on top of the soup. It's certainly flavorful enough without it but it adds a nice kick if you want it a little more spicy.