I love pesto but it’s got so much oil in it, which makes meals way too heavy. This pesto recipe saves the day! It is delicious and low in fat and calories. Try it on flatbread pizza, pasta, eggs, sandwiches, salad, or whatever else your taste buds fancy! Enjoy! ♥J
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan-romano cheese
- 2 tbsp fat free low sodium chicken broth
- Fresh ground Himalayan salt and pepper, to taste
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and grind away! Scrape the sides of your food processor and continue mixing until proper consistency is achieved.
- You can freeze this recipe in ice cube trays and then place in freezer bags for later use.