Healthy Cream of Loaded Baked Potato Soup
A delicious, healthy and creamy soup that has all the wonderful flavor of cream of potato soup, without the high fat of the cream and the simple carbs of the potato! And you can do it in the slow cooker!
Write a review
For the soup
- 8 slices cooked turkey bacon, diced
- 2 cans fat free low sodium chicken broth (sub vegetable broth for vegetarian option)
- 2 small/medium heads of cauliflower, chopped
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fat free greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp fat free sour cream (+more for garnish)
- freshly ground himalayan sea salt & fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Thinly sliced green onions or chives
- Reduced fat cheddar cheese
- Turkey bacon
- Sour cream
- Add cauliflower, bacon, chicken broth, and onion to the bowl of a large slow cooker, and stir to combine. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 2-4 hours, or until the cauliflower is completely tender and cooked through.
- Once the soup has slow cooked, transfer most of the larger pieces of cauliflower to a food processor, add sour cream and greek yogurt and puree until relatively smooth.
- Before returning the pureed portion to the slowcooker, take a potatoe masher or a pastry knife and break up some of the cauliflower bits to bite sized pieces (if you want a chunky soup).
- Return the puree to the slow cooker, stir and combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with cheddar cheese, sour cream, sliced green onions/chives, and bacon.
- Or transfer to a sealed container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- If you would like to make this recipe vegetarian, use vegetable stock and omit the bacon.