Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Banana Bonbons
You will think you have died and gone to heaven! This is a great healthier dessert option that only has 3 simple ingredients: banana, natural peanut butter, and dark chocolate. To keep these on the healthier side I like to do a partial dip. I also find a partial dip gives a more balanced flavor.
Write a review
- 2 large bananas
- 3 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate pieces
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- pretzel sticks
- Cut bananas into 1/2 inch slices.
- Using a piping bag (or just a knife) spread peanut butter on half of the banana slices and gently top with a second slice of banana.
- In a small pot, slowly melt chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly until melted.
- Using a toothpick (or a pretzel stick), gently pierce the bonbons and dip them in the chocolate.
- Lay dipped bonbons on a wax paper (or aluminum foil) covered tray and freeze until chocolate has hardened (approximately 10-15 minutes).
- These taste best when they are not frozen.
- Eat immediately!
- Optionally, you may melt 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil with the chocolate to make it a thinner consistency that is easier to dip. I omitted this as I didn't want to add saturated fat.