This yummy low fat, low sugar berry crisp is a fine bit of kitchen wizardry! It’s so clean you can have it for breakfast! Even a la mode! It’s easy too, which works for this lazy chef! Enjoy!
A delicious low fat, low sugar berry crisp that is super clean and healthy! It's the perfect dessert...or breakfast.
Write a review
For the topping
- 1 cup oat flour (I mill my own using old fashioned oats in a food processor)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tsp powdered stevia EXTRACT (or 2-4 tbsp regular stevia powder)
- Zest of 1 lemon
For the filling
- 1 16oz bag raspberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 16oz bag strawberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 scoop BPI Vanilla Caramel Protein Powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix your fruit in a 9x9 baking pan (or you can use 6 baking ramekins for individual crisps). If frozen, microwave on high for 3-4 minutes until defrosted and slightly liquid.
- Mix protein powder into the berries.
- Combine all the dry ingredients for your crust together in a bowl.
- Cut butter in to dry ingredients until mixture is crumbly.
- Add applesauce to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Sprinkle topping over fruit and bake in oven.
- Serve warm, plain or with ice cream, banana ice cream, or even greek yogurt.
- You can choose other types of berries if you wish and if you are using frozen berries and do not use protein powder, there is no need to thaw if you don't want to.