Oh boy this is so good it needs no further introduction! I hope you guys like it too! This is some tasty clean eating!
Garlic & Herb Spaghetti Squash
A delicious low fat, low carb healthy way to enjoy garlic & herb "pasta"!
Write a review
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- .5 tsp olive oil
- 1 TBSP white wine vinegar
- 2 TBSP pecorino romano cheese, freshly shredded
- 2 TBSP parsley (fresh is preferable but you can use dried)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- Pink Himalayan salt, to taste
- Optional: add a lean protein like grilled chicken breast, tofu, or shrimp
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Cut stem off spaghetti squash and then cut in half width-wise (this makes the “noodles” longer). Scoop out the seeds and guts and discard.
- Spray lightly with EVOO on the insides and sprinkle with salt.
- Place flat side down on a lined baking sheet and cook for 35-40 minutes.
- Flip so flesh side is facing up and roast for 10 more minutes.
- While squash is roasting, prep your other ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, white wine vinegar, cheese, parsley garlic and salt and mix well.
- When squash is done, use a fork to gently loosen up the spaghetti squash strands from the outer shell.
- Mix the dressing into the squash.
- Optional: add a lean protein like grilled chicken breast, tofu, or shrimp to increase the protein in this dish.