How do you improve on my already delicious low-fat yorkshire pudding? Why you switch out the olive oil for truffle oil, of course! These yorkies are probably my favorite yet. The kids like the plain ones, and while those ARE delicious, the hubs and I like these ones best! There is a trick to Yorkies though…they are a finiky bunch! Bring the egg and milk to room temperature and preheat the oiled pan (after the oven has reached the preheat temperature). Also giving the batter a good whipping gets those yorkies nice and “uppity”. 😉
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup fat free Fairlife milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp black truffle olive oil (spread in each muffin insert)
- Dried (or fresh) rosemary
- Bring eggs and milk to room temperature before beginning. Eggs that are at room temp beat up fluffier, which = fluffier Yorkies. Mix all ingredients together until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. After oven has preheated, heat oiled muffin tin in oven for 3 minutes. Once heated, pour batter evenly in muffin tin pockets. Sprinkle with rosemary. Bake for 25 mins, or until golden brown. Don't even think of opening the oven to peek! Your Yorkies will drop if you open the oven! Enjoy!
- Fat free Fairlife milk is our milk of choice...it's higher in protein and lower in sugar than regular fat free milk. It's expensive but it's hard to argue with more protein and less sugar. 🙂